COVID 19 Guidance
As you are aware, the government as announced a further national lockdown commencing the 5th of January, 2021. Since we have reopened on the 8th of June last year, we have maintained robust systems to make our practice extremely safe for our patients and staff alike.
We are fortunate to have technology and facilities to ensure that your journey through our practice is safe and efficient during this time, examples include:
– Ability to complete your forms through the patient portal online system avoiding contact in the waiting area of the practice.
– Ability to digitally scan mouths and create single visit crowns and fabricate other appliances without the need for reattendance.
– Our surgeries offer positive air extraction and purification to ensure that the air quality in the practice are to the highest standards.
When attending your dental appointment during this time, and would like to draw your attention to the following regarding your next visit:
- If you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of a new persistent cough or fever within the last 14 days, please kindly reschedule your appointment to 14 days after your symptoms developed. Your temperature will be taken on your visit, and if we detect an elevated temperature we will need to reschedule your appointment. Our team will call you to ask detailed questions regarding prior to your appointment.
- Please use the link provided in your reminder email and text messages to update your medical details and other forms online in advance of your appointment.
- We currently require our patients to attend their appointment exactly on time and wait in their car or outside until their appointment time.
- If you are seeing the hygienist, please note that the hygienist will only use hand scaling rather than ultrasonic cleaning in the interest of safety and infection control within the standard time slot. Extended appointments are available for ultrasonic cleaning if required, please contact us in advance if you would prefer such an extended appointment.
- Please come to the surgery without unnecessary bags or coats and kindly wear a mask if available. If this is not possible, a mask will be provided by our team. You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival and your temperature will be taken. We would ask that mobile phones and jewellery to be left in your pocket and not removed until you have left the building.
- Our waiting area will be arranged to facilitate social distancing, please observe the displayed signs.
- Please come alone to your appointment unless you are bringing a child under 16 or require special assistance yourself.
- Please be advised that although our patient toilet will be available, we wish for it to be only used if this is absolutely unavoidable.
We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to our practice at your next visit. Things may seem a little different, but the same dedicated team will be there to expertly guide you through treatment and deliver the exceptional care that you have come to expect from The Staines Centre of Dental Excellence.
Dr Anmol Chander BDS(hons) MFDSRSC(eng) DipImpDentRCS(eng)
Clinical Director and Owner